Nov 16, 2020
How You Can Support Local Families for Thanksgiving and Christmas
Thanksgiving and Christmas are important times of year for Catholic Charities. In addition to increases emergency financial assistance and counseling clients during these holidays, all three offices typically provide food, personal care products and Christmas gifts to hundreds of individuals and families.
Because its offices were closed for a period of time, Catholic Charities has an adequate supply of food and personal care items, which will be distributed to families during December. As we approach what some fear may be a worsening of the pandemic, it’s possible that organizations like churches and schools, which drive Catholic Charities’ other holiday-time donations program, may see decreases in participation. Your support could fill the gap.
Here are two ways you can help:
- Make a financial donation to Catholic Charities. These funds can be used by staff to purchase the items needed during Thanksgiving and Christmas, and to replenish the supply of items in our offices after the holiday season. Give online or by mail now, or through your parish’s Second Collection on November 22.
- Donate a gift card that Catholic Charities’ staff can use to purchase items and gifts for families in need. Here are the best options in each area:
- Johnstown - Walmart and Giant Eagle.
- Altoona - Walmart, Target, Giant Eagle and Martin’s.
- State College area - Walmart, Target, Giant and Weis